- France has nearly 7 million sheep.
- The « Île de France-Merinos » breed is recognized for its prolificacy and its meat production capacity.
- With 250,000 ewes in the region, weighing from 70 to 90 Kg, and rams weighing from 110 to 150 Kg.
- The Hampshire is a hardy and strong breed valued for its meat qualities.
- With a total of 6000 sheep weighing around 60 to 80 Kg.
- Mature Rams weighing between 100 and 130 Kg which are in great demand due to their meat characteristics
- France is prominent for its goat milk.
- Goat cheese is delivered from French dairy production are widely consumed and renowned.
- The total of Saanen breed population is estimated around 350,000 goats in France, and are classified as one of the two most popular French dairy breeds.
- Weighing about 50 to 90 Kg.
- With milk production approximately 1000 L in 305 days.
- The famous Alpine breed is the most common breed in France.
- With 450,000 goats in the region, the Alpine has very good adaptation attitude or behavior.
- with milk production estimated around 1000 L in 305 days.
- weighing between 50 and 70 Kg.